Our branch library is located at Parkview Community Lounge, 75 Queenspark Drive, Parklands. See our Location page for maps and travel details for getting to our library.
Our usual library hours are:
- Thursdays, 10 am – 3 pm
- Saturdays, 2 pm – 4 pm
Resources available at the library:
- internet-connected computers
- microfiche including NZ BDM 1840-1990, divorce information extracted from NZ Truth and an index to petitions to Parliament 1854-1975
- CD-Rom indexes including NZ Burial Locator, NZ Marriages 1836-1956, Passenger Lists – Victoria, Australia Outwards to New Zealand 1852-1923, and many more
- many useful books to help you with your family history
- Canterbury school admission registers and school histories – these are a wonderful source for information about our families. See our Research page for information on requesting a school admission register look-up.
- local parish registers and cemetery transcripts
- many other historical resources.
If you have any questions about the library holdings, or would like to know more about being a volunteer helper in the library, contact our librarian, Jan Slater, on (03) 354 6494, email email@example.com, or call into the library on Thursday or Saturday to see what is involved.
Some Key Library Holdings
These are in pdf format.
- Canterbury reference books
- Canterbury church histories
- Canterbury organisations
- Canterbury school histories
- Family histories
- Family history magazines
- NZ microfiche – BDM, government, military, shipping and lists of names
- Irish resources
- Monumental inscriptions of Ireland
- New Zealand Armed Forces
- New Zealand shipping
- New Zealand church histories
- New Zealand school histories
- Computers and Genealogy
- CD Collection
- New Zealand Schools Magazines
Canterbury Branch is an Affiliate Library of FamilySearch, a service provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. FamilySearch microfilms and microfiche can be ordered to be read at the Branch Library. See our Research page for details on ordering microfilms and microfiche.